Advanced Practice Center
The National Association of County and City Health Officials' (NACCHO) Advanced Practice Centers was a national project to promote innovative and practical solutions to help local health departments and public health systems prepare for, respond to and recover from public health emergencies.
The project has ended, but our work and learning resources are still available here and on the NAACHO APC website.
Our work focused on public health investigations and mass prophylaxis/point of dispensing (POD) operations. The following products are available for download from NACCHO:
- Orientation to Inclusive Just-in-Time Training (I-JITT)
- Staffing Decision Guide
- Inclusive Just-in-Time Training for Public Health Investigations
- Inclusive Just-in-Time Training for Mass Prophylaxis/Point of Dispensing Operations
- I-JITT Whitepaper - Understand the principles behind Inclusive Just-inTime Training.
- I-JITT Webinar - Learn more about the Inclusive Just-in-Time Training approach in this hour-long webinar about the model and related toolkits.
- Planning for I-JITT Presentation (Slides) - Understand advanced planning considerations and activities needed to successfully implement the Just-in-Time Training model.
- Pictogram Webinar - How to use pictogram-based tools in a public health response.
- APC Toolkit - Free resources to help local health departments strengthen their preparedness and response capability.
- APC Community of Practice - Online forum.
- Staffing Decision Guide for Public Health Emergencies
- Pocket Translator for Point of Dispensing
- Point of Dispensing Leadership Training
- Pictogram-Based Site Signage for Point of Dispensing (POD) Operations
Inclusive Just-in-Time Training
Achieving Preparedness Capabilities