HIV Services Planning Council
The HIV Planning Services Council is dedicated to improving the quality of life for those infected and/or affected by HIV/AIDS, and to ensuring that members of our community play lead roles in planning and assessment of HIV resources.
The HIV Planning Services Council, a 30-member citizen involvement group, is a decision-making body that:
- Decides how $3 million in federal funds will be spent by setting priorities and allocating funds to programs serving people living with or affected by HIV/AIDS.
- Plans the delivery of medical and social services in Clackamas, Columbia, Multnomah, Yamhill, Washington and Clark Counties.
- Involves the community in assessing the healthcare and social service needs of people living with HIV.
All council meetings are open to the public, and are held at the Gladys McCoy Building, 426 SW Stark St., in the 10th floor conference room.
- October 9, 4pm - Agenda | Minutes
- December 4, 4pm - Agenda | Minutes
- January 8, 4pm - Agenda | Minutes
- March 5, 4:30pm - Agenda
- May 7, 4:30pm
- June 4, 4:30pm
- July 11, 2014, 9am – Annual Retreat
- February 5, 4pm
- April 2, 4pm
The council is composed of diverse individuals including service providers, public health officials and people living with HIV/AIDS. You may be eligible to become a council member if you are:
- Knowledgeable about HIV policy or services needs
- Experienced in community planning
- A person living with HIV who would like to bring your experience to benefit the planning process
Members must live within Multnomah, Washington, Clackamas, Yamhill, Columbia and Clark Counties.
Why join the council?
By being a Planning Council member, you’ll get:
- Experience and knowledge working with Ryan White legislation and other HIV-related services
- Experience with decision-making, voting, prioritizing and leadership skills
- Networking opportunities with other stakeholders
- Updates on current HIV issues and experience shaping the HIV service system
- To make a difference for people living with HIV in your community
The time commitment is usually five meetings per year. Meetings are held in November, January, April, June and July, usually on the first Wednesday of the month. Each member is appointed for a two-year term beginning September 1. A member appointed mid-year will serve a partial term until the following September, at which point their two-year term begins. Members may serve on the council as long as their interest and commitment exists.
We understand that it is occasionally necessary to miss a meeting. We expect that the member will let the council office know they will be unable to attend and to contact the council office or another council member to stay abreast of new decisions or information.
The Nominations Committee reviews applications and interviews potential applicants on an on-going basis. The Operations Committee votes on the applicants and the names are forwarded to the chair of the Multnomah County Commissioners for appointment.
Information on HIV/AIDS
- HIV/AIDS Bureau of HRSA
- CDC HIV/AIDS
- Oregon HIV/AIDS Epidemiologic Profile 2007
- Aging and HIV presentation
Planning Council Resources
- Glossary of Terms
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Tips for successful public testimony
- Portland TGA Standards of Care
- HIV Program Report 2011
- TGA Comprehensive Plan 2012-14
- Oregon Statewide Coordinated Statement of Need 2012
Priority Setting and Resource Allocation Documents
- PSRA Overview
- FY 2014-15 Service Allocations for Grant Application
- May 8, 2013 Update: Decrease Decisions
- Service Category Scorecards
Margy Robinson, Planning Council Administrator
- To relate information to the Co-Chairs and/or the Operations Committee
- To request staff support for a meeting or for a specific project
- Questions about council member roles and responsibilities
- Questions about projects being worked on
Terry Bonnett, Office Assistant
- To report your absence from a meeting
- Questions about meeting times and locations
- To schedule meeting space
- To request copies of official council documents
- For application materials