Where to get tested for HIV
When asked for, HIV testing is available at most private providers as part of regular medical care, family planning or STD exams.
We offer anonymous (no name) and confidential (name kept private) HIV testing by taking a blood or oral sample. Results are available by phone or in-person. The rapid 20-minute test is available to those eligible. All testing services are nonjudgmental, confidential and no one is turned away for inability to pay.
In Oregon, teens can consent to HIV and STD testing and treatment without a parent’s permission.
Get complete information on STD exams.
- Standard and rapid testing. Rapid HIV testing for men who have had sex with men, injection drug users, and partners of people living with HIV only.
- Hepatitis C testing for persons with a history of injection drug use.
- Syphilis testing for men who have sex with men and trans folks at risk.
- Free condoms and other safe sex stuff
Northeast Community Test Site*
5329 NE MLK at NE Killingsworth St, 2nd Floor
Portland, Oregon (Map)
* No full STD screening at this location.
Hours: Thursdays 5:30-7:15pm. All visits are walk-in.
In person: Available at the Downtown Community Test site Mon, Tues, Thurs and Fri, 9am-5:15pm, and Wednesday 12:30-5:15pm.
By phone: 503-988-5727, Monday-Friday, 1:30-4pm. Phone results must be arranged at the time of your test.
Other local HIV testing sites
Call for eligibility and fees.