The Tuberculosis Clinic provides evaluation and treatment of tuberculosis to high-risk populations in Multnomah County only.
Learn more about tuberculosis symptoms»
Evaluation for TB, which may include:
- Clinical evaluation
- Skin test
- Chest x-rays
- Sputum analysis
- Blood tests
Treatment for latent TB, which includes:
- Monitoring for side effects
- Lab analysis
- Directly observed therapy for shelter residents and pediatric clients
Treatment for active TB, which includes:
- RN case management for every patient with active TB disease
- Chest x-rays
- Sputum collection and/or induction
- Laboratory tests
- Direct observed therapy
- Side effects management and monitoring
- Evaluation and help with psycho/social issues affecting treatment
- Epidemiology investigation and treatment of contacts as needed
Who We Serve
Persons with symptoms of lung TB who are:
- Referred by healthcare provider to rule out TB (documentation must be provided to the TB program in advance). See TB reporting and referral»
- Self-referred with TB symptoms for 3 weeks duration with risk for TB
Persons with recent infection or exposure:
- Skin test converters (current positive skin test and a negative documented skin test within past 2 years)
- Case contacts to active TB case
Persons born outside of the U.S. who are recent Class B immigrants or refugees.
Persons born outside of the U.S. who have TB infection and need preventative treatment, and who meet all of the following criteria:
- Age 34 years or less
- Date of entry less than 5 years ago
- Country of origin in Africa, Asia, Eastern Europe, Latin America or Middle East (please call if client is from any other country)
Patrons of the following:
- Designated shelters (including employees)
Services are free of charge for qualified individuals.
Other languages by appointment only.
All dormitory-style shelter residents in Portland are required to present a shelter clearance card, also called the “blue card,” in order to reside in a shelter. The Tuberculosis Program assists in providing free TB skin testing at Transition Projects, Inc.
Location: Transition Projects, Inc. (TPI), 650 NW Irving St, Portland (MAP)
Hours: Monday and Thursday, 1:15-3:15pm. If shelter residents have a prior positive skin test history, they will be seen at the TB Clinic during regular clinic hours