Office of Communications
501 SE Hawthorne Blvd., Suite 600
Portland Oregon 97214
Multnomah County Elections reminds voters that Friday, May 17 is last day to mail their ballot safely
Eric Sample, 503-988-3720
Friday, May 17 is the last day for voters to safely mail their ballot for the general election on Tuesday, May 21. Ballots must be received by May 21 at 8 pm. Postmarks do not count in Oregon.
All registered voters should have received their ballots. Registered voters in Multnomah County who have not received ballots or who need assistance should call Multnomah County Elections at 503-988-3720 or visit the Elections office at 1040 SE Morrison St., Portland. Special Saturday assistance is available and other extended office hours are listed below.
Multnomah County Elections office hours:
- 8 am-5 pm, Monday-Friday
- 8 am-6 pm, Monday, May 20
- 7 am-8 pm, Tuesday, May 21 (Election Day)
Voters who have returned their ballots can check their ballot status at www.oregonvotes.gov.
Voters who have not returned their ballot can drop them off in person at any of the official 24-hour drop sites located throughout the county before 8 pm on Tuesday, May 21. Voters can also drop off their ballot at any county library branch during regular library hours.
Although Multnomah County libraries are closed on Mondays, there will be special drop site hours on Monday, May 20 from 10 am–5 pm at all library locations except Central Library. A secure ballot drop/book return site is available behind Central Library on Southwest 11th Avenue (between Southwest Yamhill and Taylor streets) 24 hours a day.
Listed below are all the 24-hour drop sites available anytime until 8 pm Election Night.
Official 24-hour drop sites:
- A-Boy Supply: 7365 SW Barbur Blvd.
- Goodwill Store: 3134 N Lombard St.
- Gresham Branch Library: 385 NW Miller
- McDonald’s Restaurant: 2010 NE 39th Ave. (Box location: west side of Northeast 40th Avenue between Northeast Tillamook and Hancock streets)
- Midland Branch Library - 805 SE 122nd Ave.
- Multnomah County Elections: 1040 SE Morrison St.
- Pioneer Courthouse Square: 700 block of SW Broadway (next to Starbucks and across from Nordstrom)
- Albina: 3605 NE 15th Ave.
- Belmont: 1038 SE 39th Ave.
- Capitol Hill: 10723 SW Capitol Highway
- Central: 801 SW 10th Ave.
- Fairview-Columbia: 1520 NE Village St., Fairview
- Gregory Heights: 7921 NE Sandy Blvd.
- Gresham: 385 NW Miller St., Gresham
- Hillsdale: 1525 SW Sunset Blvd.
- Holgate: 7905 SE Holgate Blvd.
- Hollywood: 4040 NE Tillamook St.
- Kenton: 8226 N Denver Ave.
- Midland: 805 SE 122nd Ave.
- North Portland: 512 N Killingsworth St.
- Northwest: 2300 NW Thurman St.
- Rockwood: 17917 SE Stark St.
- Sellwood-Moreland: 7860 SE 13th Ave.
- St. Johns: 7510 N. Charleston Ave.
- Troutdale: 2451 SW Cherry Park Rd., Troutdale
- Woodstock: 6008 S.E. 49th Ave.