Recording Fees & Requirements
Documents submitted with insufficient fees will be returned unrecorded. The fee chart below represents the cost for recording a one page, one transaction document.
Recording Fee (per page)
Land Corner Preservation Fee
|Assessment & Taxation Fee (DOR)||Oregon Land Information System (DOR)||Housing Alliance Fee||Total|
Military discharges (DD-214) or certified copies of same: No fee - Restricted record (SB 618)
The documents exempt from the Housing Alliance Fee are as follows:
- Instruments that are otherwise exempt from recording or filing fees under any provision of law
- A satisfaction of judgment or certificate of judgment
- Internal county government instruments not otherwise charged a recording or filing fee
- Affidavits of Annual Assessment (mining claims)
- Warrants issued by the Employment Department pursuant to ORS 657.396, 657.642 and 657.646
- A certified copy of a judgment, a lien record abstract as described in ORS 18.170 or a satisfaction of judgment noticed by recordation of a lien record abstract
- Instruments presented for recording by the Department of Revenue
If the required blank space is not available, our recording label will be placed on a certificate page and added to your document. An additional $5.00 will be assessed for adding this certificate page.
ORS 205.236 requires that an additional fee be charged for documents that contain more than one transaction. Example: Substitution of Trustee & Deed of Reconveyance (one document containing two separate transactions) $46 first page + $5 additional transaction (+ $5 each additional page)
ORS 205.320(12) requires a $5 fee for each additional assignment, satisfaction, or release, included in and made a part of one document.
- Text must be typed, written, or printed in 8-point type or larger.
- Page size not smaller than 8 1/2" x 11" or larger than 8 1/2" x 14"
- Paper must be of sufficient quality for reproduction photographically
- There must be enough space for the recording sticker (4" x 2") to be placed in the upper right corner on the first page of the document.
First Page Requirements
When an instrument is presented to a county clerk for recording, the first page of the instrument must contain at least:
- The names of the transactions (ORS 205.236)
- The names of the persons described in (ORS 205.160)
- The person to whom and the address to which the instrument will be delivered (ORS 205.180)
- The true and actual consideration paid for the transfer (ORS 93.030)
- The person to whom and the address to which the tax statement will be delivered (ORS 93.260)
- For County Clerk Lien Records, the information described in ORS 205.125 (1)(c) and (e)
- For instruments that assign a mortgage or trust deed, the name and address of the assignee
If the above reference information is not on the first page of the document, a cover sheet that contains the required information may be prepared by the person that is presenting the instrument for recording. It will become part of the document and would be subject to the $5.00 per page recording fee. Any errors in the cover sheet do not affect the transactions contained in the instrument. The cover sheet does not have to be signed or acknowledged.
If the document does not comply with the requirements above, yet can be legally recorded and the person does not prepare a cover sheet, then a $20.00 NON STANDARD fee shall be collected in addition to and not in lieu of the fees charged under ORS 205.320 for recording the instrument. (ORS 205.327)
Each document, in order to be recorded, must be clearly labeled with the names of the transactions contained within the document. An additional fee of $5.00 shall be charged for each additional transaction involving the same parties and the same properties in a single document.
A document that has been previously recorded may be re-recorded to make corrections in the original document. The corrected document need not be acknowledged again. The person presenting the document for re-recording shall include a re-recording statement on the first page of the document, or to a cover sheet authorized by ORS 205.234 (2). The re-recording statement shall contain the words "RERECORDED AT THE REQUEST OF ______ TO CORRECT _______. PREVIOUSLY RECORDED IN BOOK ____ AND PAGE ___, OR AS FEE NUMBER _____."
A certified copy of a recorded document may not be altered for the purpose of correcting the original document. The person presenting the document may present an unaltered certified copy of the recorded document when it is attached to a cover sheet authorized by ORS 205.234 (2). The cover sheet must contain the re-recording statement described in the subsection above. The re-recorded document may include attachments identified on the cover sheet that are necessary to make corrections.